Are you looking for a way to increase your property value? Or maybe you want to add to your homes’ curb appeal. What if you could do both without spending a fortune?
A custom made portico from K & B Home Remodelers could be the solution you’re looking for. A portico is a covered entrance to a home supported by decorative columns. A “grand entrance” if you will.
Whether you own a cape, bi-level, ranch or colonial style home, our porticos are hand crafted to fit perfectly.
The Benefits of Adding a Portico to Your Home
- Increase your property’s value
- Protects you, your guests and loved-ones from the elements
- Adds curb appeal and a focal point to the entrance of your home
- Gives your home a unique look that sets it apart from neighboring homes
The process begins with our award-winning design team taking digital images of your home. We then go to work designing your new portico with three key objectives in mind:
- Achieving the “grand entrance” look you want
- Blending the design with your homes’ existing architecture
- Working within your budget
Once you’re happy with the proposed design, a detailed drawing is created just for you to review and approve. Then our team of skilled craftsmen go to work. Our porticos are made by hand from the finest composite and wood materials available. Your new portico is framed with exterior grade lumber, then layered with composite molding that never needs painting.
The portico roof is made to complement the home with free standing metals, or we can match it to your existing asphalt roof. Our porticos are engineered to meet New Jersey Building Codes for structural integrity and weight loads.
Why Choose K & B to Build Your Custom Portico?
Don’t take our word for it, read what homeowners throughout New Jersey are saying on Google, Angie’s List, Yelp, Home Advisor and Guild Quality, about their K & B experience.
Here are a few more (good) reasons to choose us…
We Utilize the Most Advanced Visual and Measurement Technologies to Save YOU Time & Money
We utilize the most advanced visual and measuring technologies available today. This means you’ll be able to see the finished product before any construction work begins. You’ll get the perfect design while eliminating any miscommunication, incorrect measurements or surprises. We’ll never ask you for more money because we made a mistake measuring. This definitively sets us apart from the competition.
At K & B, we believe in being flexible. Our work is precise and made to fit your home perfectly. And we’ll accommodate your exact needs, budget and schedule. Talk about peace of mind!
Handmade by Skilled Craftsmen
Our skilled craftsmen painstakingly build every aspect of your portico by hand. We attract and keep the best workers because we place a strong emphasis on training, treating them well, and paying a living wage. You’ll never find a sub-contractor or day laborer at working in your home.
Your Satisfaction Means Everything
The owner of K & B Home Remodelers oversees every portico we build. And by “oversee” we don’t mean he just shows up once at the job site. He will be there with hammer-in-hand making sure your portico is constructed with the highest standards.
Hand-crafted. Made in America. Built just for you!
If you’re convinced K & B is the best choice for your custom-built portico, fill out our
Online Quote Request Form for a free estimate today.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How wide and deep can my portico be made?
- It depends on the several factors, mainly the size of your existing landing.
- Will I need a permit for a new portico?
- Yes, we apply for the permit for you.
- Will I need to hire and architect?
- In most cases no. However, larger porticos may require approval and sign off by a Certified Engineer.
- Can I attach railings to the columns?
- Yes, railings can be attached to either composite or aluminum columns.
- Is there a design fee?
- No, our designs are created as part of your proposal at no cost.
- Can lighting be placed in my portico?
- Yes. But the work must be done by a New Jersey-licensed Electrician. You can provide your own or we can recommend someone.